When I first made
Since they are done so quickly and no fancy ingredients are required, they are the best last- minute treat for a spontaneous visit and also a great weekend breakfast idea.
The muffins taste amazing either fresh and warm straight from the oven or refrigerated, so you can easily prepare them as a breakfast on the go or as a snack.
- 200 gr of oats or wholegrain flour, I usually combine various types (e.g. Rye, spelt…)
- 5 bananas (preferably very ripe and with brown spots on the peel)
- 5 dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseeds
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Cacao powder
- 200 ml plant milk, I usually use almond milk
- 2 Tsp Cacao Nibs- they are just for that extra crunch, so don’t worry if you don’t have any
- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- in case you use oats as your flour, blend them to a flour
- mix flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, cacao powder and dates
- peel the bananas and add to the flour
- while mixing, slowly add the milk, you want the texture to be firm, not watery
- transfer the dough into muffin tins
- add the cacao nibs
- bake for about 10 to 15 minutes
You see, all the ingredients are
I hope you enjoy the chocolate banana muffins as much as I do. Let me know if you tried them. In case you did, I would love to see how they turned out!